Thursday 21 August 2014

The so-called 'Society'

I feel very sad when I look at the people who say a lot of things but follow none in their real life. Everyone around us is ready to give free advices, sometimes I feel as if we all are living by just fooling around everybody else. Here, through this post I would like to speak about our so-called Society and the status of Women in our country.

In a male dominating society that we are living in the status of our female counterparts aren’t any good. Day by day we feel as if our country is being developed and the modernity is being inherited from western countries. But are we really modernized?? 
In my view, the kind of society that we are living in, the mindsets of the people are still orthodox; narrow and cheap. Whenever they find a girl talking to a boy they would spare no second thought in calling her a Slut. Now just tell me a simple thing, what’s their problem if she talks or sleeps around. It’s shouldn’t be any of their concern.

Now speaking of the boys or the male counterparts, according to them it’s the girls who are solely responsible for getting raped. Their short attire attracts a male’s hormones and he ultimately ends up raping her. How cheap and third grade mindset that really is.. They would never realize that it is their mind, their nature which is only responsible for such crimes. I feel very sad to say, but even after 68 years of Independence, women are still not able to live freely.

Now here is a small incident that I would like to share with all of you. Some days back I was chatting with a friend of mine on Whatsapp where the conversation between us followed some what like this:

Me: You can wear salwar suits, jeans or anything you want to. You should least care about what other people will think or say.
She: Yeah! It’s true but as we too are a part of this society we need to follow the rules to which we are confined to.

Me: Rules?? What rules are you speaking about?? Who are they to make rules for you?? If however there is any such rule, it’s us who had to change it or else in near future girls will only be confined to perform household duties.
She: Still to live respectfully in this society we can’t overrule the rules which are followed since ages.

Me: Fine! But look at the English medium school girls or look the engineering girls. They never care for anything around. They do what they want to. They are enjoying their life unlike you who give silly excuses of society and its rules.
She: That’s the reason why they are least respected and more raped.

Me: It’s not their fault my dear. It’s us who are responsible for such thing. If we (boys/males) can put control on our hormones and evil wishes rape could be stopped in not time. You can never hold a girl responsible for all this.
She: I understand what you are saying, but don’t you thing getting drunk and going to pubs wearing shorts is good for any girl? Such way, they are asking for trouble. They should always stick to the limits of the society.

Me: But what the problem if she drinks, If she is mature enough and like to drink, who are we to stop her from doing. The problem is our mindset which needed to be changed.
She: Such an excellent thought you have.. Now just tell me a thing, 10-20 years later you will be a father so will you allow your daughter to drink??

Now this question of her made me shut up my mouth completely. I had never thought someone will ever ask me this question and that too so soon. Thinking for some time I replied back,
I really have no problem if she drinks after a legal age. With the kind of generation she will be living in drinking perhaps would be very common. Being a father I will always take care of her. I will ask her to share each and everything to me.

But still I am unsure how would I feel if my daughter returns back home late after partying. Would I scold her or would I ask her to go and sleep. The future has its answer.


Now tell me what would you have done if you were in my place ??

No comments:

Post a Comment