Monday 3 August 2015

Love @ Friendship Day




03-08-2008


Isn’t it strange how the time passes so quickly? It feels as if the whole thing has happened just yesterday but there is gap of 7 years between then and now. So this is how it happened......


The clock was inching towards 00:00. The hour hand was nearing to kiss the mark 12. I was holding my mobile from last 15 minutes and was trying to compose a message to wish her, a Happy Friendship Day. I was sure she would never pick my call, so to call her wasn't a worthy idea, instead, I thought of sending her a text. 
At that age I didn’t know much about Google or else I might have copied the best message for her. In fact it was the first time I was sending a text message to someone. I typed some words, deleted it, typed again and deleted again. From last 15 minutes I was doing the same. I checked time on my mobile, there was only a few minutes before the clock would strike 00:00.

Exactly at 00:00, my mobile buzzed. It was from my best friend, Karan. I was in no mood to talk to anyone else, so I disconnected the call. I began typing, but cursed myself for failing for the umpteenth time. Finally there was no option but call her. I decided to make her a call. I typed her number, hit the green colored button and disconnected it in no time pressing the red colored button. I was nervous, damn nervous. I wasn't sure what would I say if by chance she picks the call, though the chances were less. A confused me finally opened the call register and dialled her number. This time it rang. After some rings the call automatically got disconnected. She didn’t pick my call.

Trust me I didn't felt sad because I was aware of that. Having no other option I composed a message with just three words, “Happy Friendship Day” and finally hit the Send option. I was sure she won’t be replying me but there was still a slight hope in my perplexed heart. 

I checked the watch, 15 minutes already passed but there wasn't any reply. Keeping my phone aside, I slept remembering her and imagining how life would be with her.

2 hours later….

I got a call. It was from an unknown number. I raged with anger. Who was disturbing me at this wee hour of the night. I disconnected the call. Few minutes later my mobile buzzed again, it was from the same unknown number. I woke up and pressed the red button again. But for the third time, my mobile buzzed again, number was the same; the same unknown number.

This time I picked it and said, “Hello”.
In came no reply. 

I again said “Hello” in a bit irritating tone.

But there was no reply from the other side.

I disconnected the call. I thought of switching off the phone and keep it aside but something within my heart stopped me from doing so. Perhaps I was still hoping for her text.

Minutes later my phone buzzed again. I picked it up and was just about to use all the slang I know but stopped midway as I heard a sweet “Hello” from the other side.

It won't be wrong if I say I was on cloud 9. YES! It was her. I can never go wrong on this. It was her voice. I was completely sure; it could be no one but her. For a minute I felt as if I was dreaming. Even in my wildest of dreams I have never thought that someday she will talk to me.. I pinched myself, rubbed my eyes and did all the things till I became sure I wasn’t dreaming. 
No I wasn’t, it was all happening for real.

I wasn’t able to say even a single thing. Words weren’t coming out of my mouth. I was completely out of my mind because of excitement. It was a moment which can’t be described but only be felt. 

I stammered while saying h…i… 

But I was stopped midway by her when she said, 
“Just shut up Idiot !! I want to love you for sometime, just shut up”.

Hearing this, my whole world stopped right within.
I again made sure I wasn’t dreaming; no I wasn’t. 

I stammered again, ww..hh..aaaa..t.???..???

After that all I could hear was sobs. She was crying. Her sobs was clearly audible on phone. I tried my best to stop her from crying. I kept on asking her why is she crying, what’s the matter, could I help her in any way?? 
I did all I could do to stop her from crying. But she didn’t stop. She cried even harder. Her sobs became louder. There wasn't any other option for me but to hear her weeping. 
Exactly 10 minutes later, she finally stopped crying.

This time I didn't stammer and asked, “what happened baby?? why are you crying ??”

She said the words which he can never forget in his lifetime.

She said, “I Love You…… ” and then both of us cried together....





Nobody tried to stop the significant other. They knew what they were crying for. He had the girl whom he had fell for and She had the guy who can love her to any extent.

The conversation which went after that can only be felt.

I stopped crying for some seconds and asked her not to cry……. She said she isn’t crying and cried again.. 
Seconds later she stopped weeping and asked me not to weep….. I said I'm not crying, how can a boy cry.. but cried again…

3 hours later, after crying the whole night, I stopped crying and asked her not to cry anymore. I said her, that her eyes must have been swollen up by now and I doesn’t want to make my beautiful princess look any uglier. She said she will sleep but she wanted to see me before sleeping. In no time, I took the gate keys, opened the main gate carefully so that nobody in home gets up, put my leather jacket on and went to see her.

It took me only 4 minutes to cover a distance nearly of 5kms; such eager I was to see her. She was standing on her terrace. I stopped my bike in front of her home. It was early morning and there wasn’t any person on road, I was able to see her clearly. I looked up, towards the sky, and thanked God for giving me the most beautiful girl of the universe. 
I took a U-Turn and went to my favorite place; the same tea stall which had witnessed every moment of my love life. I lighted my favorite brand; gold flake and took a long drag of it. I was happy because now I had everything that I had wished for. I was enjoying the puffs when I received a message, it was from her.

“I know you smoke, but don’t you dare to smoke or else I’ll kill you”.

He smiled, threw his half burned cigarette and typed,

“I promise I never will.. ” (Such a liar..)

after that I typed again, “Happy Friendship Day, I can never ever forget this Friendship Day”



7 years later, Sameer still weeps remembering that day of Friendship Day.. And he broke his promise too, he smokes.....






Thank You..........

No comments:

Post a Comment